NIEeS reached the end of its contract in August 2008. This website remains as a historical document and as a gateway to the archive of presentations and supplementary material.
An advisory committee met quarterly to discuss the direction and actions of NIEeS. The members were a diverse body of academics with an interest in, and an awareness of eScience.
The last NIEeS advisory committee comprised:
- Robert Gurney (chairman), director of Reading Earth Systems Science Centre
- Ned Garnett, NERC eScience co-ordinator
- Alan Rogers, British Antarctic Survey
- David Palmer, Environment Agency
- Charles Godfray, Department of Zoology, Oxford
- Kerstin Kleese, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
- Tim Lenton, University of East Anglia and GENIE-fy project
- Martin Dove, director of NIEeS
- Stuart Ballard, deputy director of NIEeS